The dog is looking at me,
with its pale eyes,
even at his sick bed..
He loved me as his master,
even when I scolded him ,
he cared for me as his mother,
even when I neglected him..
I was born in the world as human,
where expressions of love are defined
in definitions in infinite numbers,
but with understood meanings in least numbers,
kept in a line of complicated terms ,
And complex conditions,
inside and outside the skin,
the whole of which make it,
less feasible,to minds
Which really wish to explore, touch and feel it.
But in his eyes I could always see,
a type of love which was the most simpler,
may be it was primitive,
as his thoughts of gains and losses,
as his intelligence,
and inability to calculate as me.
irrespective of my needs and no needs.
Yet I could always sense
its purity,
and originality,
which I failed to see in any human eyes
even after my vast researches.
When I looked in mirrors
What I saw was my eyes,
masked under the veil of fears,
hiding love,
adulterated with conditions.
Now the dog is dying,
but his eyes are still bright with a pain of love,
as they tell me,
how much more he would love,
to love my rudeness,
how much he is sorry for,
not able to follow me everywhere,
and how much he wish to live with me
many more days if they are still to come..
but yet I know,
for me he is just an animal,
for him I am the world
and may be that’s the basic difference
between me and him,
When a truth is felt in a deeper sense..
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment