Once again ,
its time for me to return,
the pebbles back to the same river,
which gifted them to me
in one solitary moonlit night..
I knew then ,them as pebbles
not as pearls or gems,
still kept them closer to my soul..
Its painful to leave these shores,
where I met a friendly twilight..
Its very sad to leave these rocks,
where I sat and chatted to an astray wind..
I am not sure,
those nights will ever remember me,
or recognise me once again,
as me,
when I was hiding under the veil
of a blue sky,
studded with tiny glistening stars
and soft cotton clouds..
I had another face bright and even then,
unlike the one disfigured now,
with scarred colours and sordid shapes..
But I know ,
every day has to move ahead
in its own speed,in its own way,
towards a sunset,
just like every night has to begin
somewhat in a similar way always..
One knows everything as much as to remain ignorant
of that knowledge,
then return leaving the river and sky,
to their own lonely days or nights,
to pick up their remnants,
and stack them along,the racks of life,
undusted ,to remain opened or unopened..
Time hangs beside ,
the ticks of any wall clock for anyone
who wants to see it or feel it,
and it sleeps,
for those who don’t bother..
Stains on the mirror fade together with any image,
petals in the vase dry and curl up
precisely with time,they don’t forget.
Yet reminiscences may flutter irregularly
like beats of a broken heart,
like a butterfly
trapped inside an opaque net..
how much they struggle,when the end comes
they all have to let it go..
how much it is pasted together,
it has to bleed,
when the layers are separated
and raw surfaces exposed..
Emotions are immortal unlike relations,
needs can sacrifice unlike the love
and when the theory of human life is neatly compiled,
in a folder of practicality
and tied by selfishness,
we make ourselves worth living and remembered..
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Much too long to capture the intensity maya.
ReplyDelete