Thursday, March 19, 2009

bulls..

When I go to work everyday,I prefer to take a shortcut through a gali going perpendicular in front of my home ,to reach the main road rather than the straight clean tarred parallel road which is longer in distance..This route is full of life and activities during the evenings.Most of the women of those houses will be sitting in front of their rooms and gossipping,while their children will be playing in the gali.The houses are made as a complicated labyrinth with only one opening towards the front gali and sharing a common wall on both sides.Hundreds of people live inside that labyrinth invisible during day time.This gali leads to another one with blocked drains and dirty water pooled in patches.Sometimes the cover of manholes are not seen and the treacherous pits lookup with open mouth.This gali again leads in to a wide abandoned space of a half kilometer circumference.One side of this space is bounded by a large stone compound wall of a goverment school and the other side by backs and sides of houses like matchboxes with some gaps in between.This area resembles a desert with full of sand,thorny bushes,a patch of marshy land created by drain and rain water,and the ecosystem surrounding it includes many birds,rats,dogs,bulls and also animal carcasses sometimes.The space also contain unloaded rubbles of demolished buildings, and areas where building materials like sand,metal,bricks etc are stored.It has some space exclusively kept for waste from nearby houses and hotels. This is a play ground for adolescent budding cricketers of the country also.So when I walk through it I always remember god for not making me a target for an undirected cricketball.Another interesting occupant of this land is a half naked tramp who sit among the bush and look constantly in to sky and mumbles.It was in this area where I first started noticing bulls.
There was a particular huge bull who was standing one day in the middle of the pedestrian way.He has a dirty white coloured body and some black patches on his heavy neck and large head. I came accidentally across his path.Even if it was unintentional from my part,he ddnt appreciate it.He shook his head violently towards me without moving an inch from where he stood.I got scared as he expeced while the cricketers cooed me from behind.From that day I became a fan of this bull and started my research on bulls.
Bulls are strange creatures.Very heavy,very slow,very alone even when among a crowd,lost in their own world,very undirected as far as existence is concerned,very deliberate in everything,very stubborn.They walk in groups,lie down side byside,in the group each live in its own world.They never try to communicate with each other.Or is there a communication system exists which is called silence?
One of my pal's comment about human bulls."the bull need you when he wants to share his burden.next day he may not remember or recognise you.you may feel utilized."
But I dont think its true.it is not that he forgets.It is the constitutinal makeup of a bull.Or one can call it"A BULL'S WAY" Thats all.Bulls are stable.A bit lazy.They dont move if you come acros their way.You have to be well mannered.Change your track if you dont wish for an encounter.!
Bulls cannot be fixed or confined to the system you follow in the world.Their nature is to wander.They live through moments not days..Today they are here,tomorrow there and day after tomorrow may be back or somewherelse..
Do they forget the pastures they left behind?Or the cool peaceful shades of those green trees which shelterd them?I dont know.For me its just enough to know bulls exist in the world.And keep vigilance when you walk to avod their path if you dont like to be hit .Or cross them intentionally if you like encounters..

No comments:

Post a Comment